A Simple Daily Life - Pierre Bonnard Selection
Pierre Bonnard was a French painter who worked mainly from his memory, using drawing and photography as a preliminary tool for painted works. He would record what it was that interested him, making notes on the observation of color and later start the painting in his studio.
"I have all my subjects to hand, I go back and look at them. I take notes. Then I go home. And before I start painting I reflect, I dream.” - Pierre Bonnard
Identified as a late practitioner of Impressionism, Bonnard has since been recognized for his unique, intuitive use of color. With paintings such as Dinning Room On The Garden 1934-35, Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum, New York, Bonnard explodes with his charged use of bold yellows, ochres, blues and violets melding together a domestic interior, forms merging with one another creating an overall image of vibrant planes and shapes.
A Simple Daily Life - Pierre Bonnard Selection- Presented in a slim, cardboard box with foam lining for safe and easy transport. Eight colors, 40ml size tubes:
- Titanium White - Without any Zinc White added, our pure Titanium White is the perfect neutral white for mixing. Robust in color strength yet natural in brilliance, it is ideal used in small amounts to soften mixtures to a subtle warmth.
- Brilliant Lemon - Excellent cadmium-free alternative to our Cadmium Yellow Lemon, bold and vibrant Brilliant Lemon is a cool mixing opaque yellow for creating clean greens and oranges.
- Naples Orange - Opaque earthy pale orange, our Naples Orange is a bright modern Titanate pigment, offering a gorgeous range of mixing with either warm or cool colors. Use to lighten warm Cadmium Reds and Cadmium Oranges without color loss.
- Ruby Red - Rich in pigmentation, our cool Ruby Red is a modern Quinacridone that easily brightens other mixtures and tints, mixing cleanly to amplify both warm and cool colors.
- Manganese Violet - Gemlike in mass tone, our exquisite Manganese Violet is a true mineral pigment that's deep and warm mixing for colorful yet natural mixtures and soft pinkish violet tints.
- Cerulean Blue - Genuine modern Cobalt pigment, intensely rich blue-green. Gemlike mass tone softly tints and mixes into cool natural tones, facilitating colorful delicate mixtures of greens and grays.
- French Ochre Havane - Burnt Natural Yellow Earth that's coppery gold yet subtle in mixing. Warm, transparent and slightly pink for soft color and delicate tints.
- Cyprus Umber Deep - Strong and rich burnt umber. Semi-transparent, deep Natural Brown Earth that's perfect for creating warm shadows.