The Renaissance Touch of Color
Uniquely formulated from the delicate transparent and semi-transparent natural earth pigments actually used by the Renaissance Masters of painting, this set of eight opaque tints offers subtle notes of light. Useful as whites for delicate changes of value or as neutrals to modify brighter colors for suggestions of space and time.
The eight extra pale colors in the set offer a range of warm or cool, exquisite color, and soft neutral tones.
Presented in cardboard boxes with foam lining for safe and easy transport. Also available individually in both small and large size tubes. Click on the links to each for the size options and prices.
NEW - now in your choice of sets! All eight extra pales in small (40ml) size tubes or in large (175ml) size tubes:
- French Golden Ochre Extra Pale - With subtle warmth and radiance, French Golden Ochre Extra Pale provides a gentle warm white. Useful for modifying bright colors or mixtures, this semi-opaque and very pale golden tint is ideal for creating atmospheric effects or distant highlights.
- French Ochre Havane Extra Pale - Delicate, warm and light golden pink, French Ochre Havane Extra Pale uniquely complements cooler blues and greens into nuanced mixtures hinting of pink and gray. Airy note of subtle color and soft light.
- Rosso Ercolano Extra Pale - Rosso Ercolano Extra Pale is a colorful but very natural warm pink with a delicate glow. Useful as a softly warm white in building flesh tones or atmospheric skies, this captivating opaque pink can suggest both light and a tender touch with a single stroke.
- Terre Verde Ancienne Extra Pale - Subtle in texture, quiet in tone, Terre Verde Ancienne Extra Pale is a semi-opaque pale gray just barely an earthy green. With only a trace of color, this delicate neutral tint is useful for nuanced adjustments to brighter colors or a hint of shadow.
- Terre Verde Brentonico Extra Pale - Pale minty green tint with subtle texture and a hint of blue, Terre Verde Brentonico Extra Pale is both colorful and opaque. Enables endless variations on pale green when mixed with warm or cool yellows, from bright to earthy.
- French Indian Red Extra Pale - Enchanting cherry blossom pink, French Indian Red Extra Pale is rich in color but very natural, opaque and great for mixing. Makes a gorgeous cool white especially with overly bright transparent colors for softly natural and colorful results.
- Cyprus Umber Green Extra Pale - Like a true Buff, Cyprus Umber Green Extra Pale is devoid of color but mixes with a delicate warmth. Offers great control as a semi-opaque pale neutral tint for subtle changes in value to mixtures or to modify brighter colors for atmospheric effects.
- Cyprus Umber Red Extra Pale - Pale Fallow brown, Cyprus Umber Red Extra Pale is a subtle earthy pink that easily complements cooler blues and greens to create colorful light grays. Opaque and warm in mixing.
Visit our new collection, Imported Traditional Earths Pale, to view color examples or purchase the individual tubes. Or click on any of the extra pale linked names above, to go directly to that specific color.
Fra Angelico "The Annunciation" ca. 1435