Corot Landscape Set
Corot Landscape Set
Throughout his career, Parisian born Jean-Baptiste-Camille Corot travelled extensively throughout Europe. Painting small studies and sketches from nature en plein air for use in his larger studio work.
"A View near Volterra," 1838, at the National Gallery of Art, Washington, DC, reveals Corot's skillful observation and mastery at depicting outdoor light and colorful shadow in a landscape painted indoors some 4 years after his visit to the historic Italian hilltop town.
Late to start painting, but committed and prolific, Corot's paintings were an inspiration to his pupils, notably Camille Pissarro. His influence is evident in the work of Claude Monet, Degas, and Picasso.
Corot Landscape Set - Presented in a slim, cardboard box with foam lining for safe and easy transport. Eight colors, 40ml size tubes:
- Titanium-Zinc White - Composed primarily of Titanium White, this versatile mixed white has a small percentage of Zinc White to achieve its buttery consistency, enhanced brightness, and excellent tinting capacity. Clean and cool mixing.
- Naples Yellow Extra - Useful imitation Naples mixture, containing Cadmium Yellow, for a light semi-opaque earthy yellow to gently enrich and lighten mixtures. Warm and slightly golden.
- Cedar - The most distinctly green of the grays, opaque and warm. Reading as the warmth of sunlight on foliage, Cedar is ideal for mixing to make other greens with blues or to modify existing greens.
- Yellow Ochre - Our Yellow Ochre is a Natural Yellow Earth, golden, translucent, and warm. Ideal for mixing as an authentic natural ochre to create sensitive greens or bring a gentle warmth to mixtures without adding shadow.
- Burnt Sienna - Rich intense Natural Brown Earth that's medium deep with fiery undertones. True earth color for creating believable flesh tones or complementing with blues for classic dark neutrals.
- Raw Umber - Unsurpassed for silvery grays when tinted with whites, our Raw Umber is a slightly green, richly dark Natural Brown Earth that is distinctly neutral in mixing.
- Ultramarine Blue - Indispensable warm primary, this splendid 19th century invention will make violets with any cool red and is ideal for creating dark neutrals with brown earths. Gorgeous, rich deep blue, substantial, fully pigmented and highly addictive.
- Chromium Oxide - Strong, fully opaque and beautiful, our Chromium Oxide is a warm velvety green right from the tube with a distinctly cooler undertone. Perfect for mixing grays, it easily complements both warm and cool reds, oranges or violets into rich neutrals. Capture nuances of color and light in the landscape with this softly hued versatile green.
Why do I get a message saying you don't ship to my address? -- This message should say that you have not ordered a sufficient amount to meet our minimum shipping requirement ($100.00). Be aware that if your purchase amount is in another currency, when converted, it must be equal to at least $100 in US Dollars.View full details